Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22/11 Pink Day




Days seem to have a blooming theme , today was predominantly pink, I didn't think I was a Pink lover but I couldn't help myself. I seemed to be drawn to Pink today.


This spider is actually Purple, it's one of the first narrow petal seedlings.


This bloom kept getting better all day, I kept catching sight of it across the yard.It is a very bright Pink. I had disregarded it earlier in the day, but by the end of the day I moved it to the keeper pile.

This flower had a showy yellow eye that I found pleasing, it's a happy feel good color combo.


Here is a Pink with a Pink eye.


White with a Green throat, and yellow eye


This turned out to be very showy once it fully opened, it's a strong Orange and Mango with a burnt Orange eye.

Another White


This is the second bloom for this seedling, and I like it even more.


My first Stippled bloom, it is a Melon with Crimson Pink dots, I dabbed some Spacecoast Freaky Tiki pollen on it.


If it blooms with my the Pink Stripes seedling below, I will cross them next time.


I took a few Pics of this flower, hoping to capture it. The sunlight plays on it catching an intense Crimson glow, and diamond dust ofn a Chinese red- Salmon bloom. The color is very unique, and my best explanation is that the bloom shimmers in the sunlight.


It has a very satin finish to it, I don't know if this is a Daylily term but it looks like satin sheets.


You can just make out some of the Crimson glow on the top surface.

I am so happy with this Pink Stripes kid, I put it's pollen on several flowers today. I am especially hopeful it will look good on unusual Copper colored seedling out of Portrait in Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment